Sunday, 8 January 2012

Here goes......

Well, to get the blogging learning curve underway just thought I'd try to add a few pics of cards I made a while ago just to see if I get the process right.... bear with me, please!


This card was for a favourite uncle's 80th birthday (he said it sent his blood pressure up - lol!).  The 'saucy' decoupaged image is from a Fee J Designs CD, the charcoal pearlescent card/paper has been embossed in my Cuttlebug,  border strips are matted onto holographic card and feathers added to give it a 'showgirl' feel.


Here's a general birthday card, I just loved the 'genteel image' and coupled it with a red aperture to pick out the red in her lips and add a bit of interest,  embossed and pricked the corners to add detail, then painted the tiny hearts for highlights, matted it onto gold card and then onto the white base card.


 This last one was a card for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary.  It took some time to do the decoupage but I feel the finished result was worth it, I also hand cut and embossed the card front, added tiny gems for highlights and added the blue insert to 'tie' everything together.

Hope this works...... fingers crossed, here it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome to Blogland Su! Looks like you're off to a flying start...even though you have a hussy on the front of your top card! Lol. I'm surprised you didn't kill your uncle off with that one. :oD

    Good luck with your blog.
    Love Lexie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are beautiful!!! well done on getting here lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, Su! The decoupage on them is superb, and your eye for colour is spot on. I especially love the shape of the last one and the underlay of blue just highlights the design perfectly.
    I saw your post on MCS forum so thought I'd pop in and say hello.
    You are doing just fine with your blog and it won't be long before you're an addict like the rest of us.
    I look forward to seeing more of your lovely cards and jewellery, so good luck with it all!
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete