Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Jack's Christening Card


This was for my second eldest grandson's christening - I designed the cross completely from scratch as I couldn't find a shape that I liked at the time (a couple of years ago now!) I remember measuring the angles to make them all symetrical was a nightmare!  The original templates for it are in one of my files but have just thought to make them into digital files for my Silhouette SD cutter (bought last  June - I love it) for future use!

I used one of my favourite corner punches 'Iron Eagle' on the base card then teamed it with 'Wrought Iron' for the corners of the mat, they really work well together.  If memory serves me correctly the texure on the pearlised paper, is a Fiskars Texture Plate embossed by hand in the days BC (before Cuttlebug) lol!.  The sentiment and fine borders edging the cross' top layer are peeloffs while the mat and bottom layer of the cross are a linen finish silver cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment