Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Layla's Card

Hi there, have been searching for this one for a while but finally managed to track a pic down!  I knew I wouldn't get to see baby Layla for a little while after she was born due to other things going on in my life, I'd crocheted a shawl/blanket and bought a teddy bear (wearing pink fluffy dressing gown and 'Wee Willie Winkie' hat - cute or what?) that caught my eye as her present for her and wanted my card to be something that could also be framed as a picture or used as a nameplate for her room, this is what I came up with....



It's an A4 card folded in half lengthways, covered with a striped paper (from my stash),  the letters were cut on my Silhouette and are three layers deep - holographic base layer, plain deep pink in the middle and various Hot Off The Press prints for the top.  I also came up with words cut in the same font (smaller - obviously!) to emphasise each letter L-oveable A-dorable Y-our L-ittle A-ngel, added a pink dummy and nappy pin tied on with satin edged organza ribbon, couple of pink ' crystal' butterflies and a rose from MCS Flower Expert to finish off.  The new mum and dad loved it - baby Layla just coo-ed and gurgled which hopefully meant she liked it too!

Sorry the picture's a bit dark.....

Stay warm, keep well in this cold weather and thanks for calling by!

Su x

2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful Su! Really love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Su , i used to make lots of these but havent done 1 for ages....

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete