Monday, 13 February 2012

Quick update!

Woo hoo - lounge is decorated and carpet/sofas look to be on track for fitting/delivery tomorrow - luxury - can't wait!  Deck chairs are okay for an afternoon at the beach but let me tell you after two weeks with nothing but them to sit on they lose their appeal - lol!  Still got more to do but at least should have a comfy seat after a day's painting etc.

We have a 'friendly' challenge ongoing at MCS Platinum Club and the current subject is for a 'generic' baby card, some lovely cards have been entered so I thought I'd give it a go.....

As you can see I've used a pastel yellow base card, decoupaged moon with a sleeping baby on a torn mulberry paper 'mat', added glitter and gold wax rub-on for texture (s'posed to look a bit like clouds?!) the edge border has been dry embossed, highlighted with an ink pad and decorated with punched vellum flowers.  Added a peel-off sentiment to finish off.  Bit of a 'traditional' type of card, but I quite like it and hope you do too.

Well, that's all for now I've got an idea to try out with my Silhouette and if it works out it means I can get a bit of a 'heads up' on the set of wedding stationery I'm doing, so will make the end assembly process a lot easier in the long run!

Thanks for looking and hope you can pop by again soon, take care and keep well

Su X

No comments:

Post a Comment