Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Still painting - yeuk!!!

Hi one and all, well the decorating is progressing (bedroom finished) now onto the lounge and currently we don't have a seat to sit on, nor a carpet to lie on!!  Watch out for the snow starting anytime soon - lol!  Thankfully, having an empty room makes the decorating so much easier!

I forgot to post the card I made for one of my best friends' birthday, which was last Sunday so hope you like it!


Used the Glitter Girls' 'Tall Stories' board, with silver embossed foil cardstock for the base layer, then a swirly/cloudy sky style background paper from my stash and an embossed vellum top layer, 'Sky' fairy decoupage from Marianne Designs (been in my stash for a while!), the verse is an old favourite and useful for many 'big' birthdays, the butterflies are acrylic - I layered two together (pink then blue on top) and added pearls to make the body/head (thorax?).  Oh yes, the card stand was designed many years ago by tracing around a plate stand I had and adjusting as necessary for the extra height - I did this long before templates were sold for this purpose!!!

Have fun and keep warm in this cold weather!

Su X

2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous Su.

    Good luck with all your decorating. Hope you're more comfortable there soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to swear on here, but hope that the "Not Swearing" is over and done with so you can pop by my blog, and grab your good news, xxx

    ReplyDelete