Sunday, 18 March 2012

Mother's Day

Hi one and all, hope everyone has had a lovely Mother's Day - especially all the mum's out there!  I've not had the most relaxing of days but have had some lovely treats from my two lads - gorgeous cards, big box of choccies and some Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer (I Say!) both of which I love, in fact am sampling the Crabbies as I type - Yum!

My mam is very difficult to buy for as she says she 'hasn't anywhere for flowers' and we can't buy her chocolates as she's been told she needs to lose weight and is seeing the dietician tomorrow (I didn't think it was fair to put temptation in her way); we considered going out for Sunday lunch - again not a good idea as she likes her veg etc cooked her way (you kinda put the carrots on in November for Christmas lunch if you know what I mean!) so, instead I've had the whole family here all day and did a roast lunch for us all (husband and eldest son did the washing up tho'), a proper family time with lots of chat and laughs between us which, to me, is what the day is all about... being really comfortable and remembering some sad, but more of the happy events in our lives.  Okay will stop now - everyone has their own idea of how to spend their time!!

Seeing as mam now has her card I thought I could show it to you.....


Once again I have used a favourite product Centura Pearl for the card base in a pale 'duck egg blue' (used blue for a change as my mam reckons there are only two colours in my world - purple and pink - lol!)  I wish I could claim credit for the beautiful lacy overlay that was cut on my Silhouette SD but I must, instead,  say a big 'Thank You' to a very talented and generous lady Joyce (aka 2 Magpies) from UK Scrappers Forum for her lovely design and also the co-ordinating aperture card.  However, I did put my own 'slant' on it by heat embossing the overlay after cutting out using a pale blue pearl embossing powder, so it looks enamelled and then I tried something I've not done before...  not having have a suitable stamp, from my PC I printed my wording (Black Chancery font) on the outside of the insert (checked for placement - obviously!) then traced over the letters with a Quickie Glue Pen, let this dry for a moment or two then sprinkled silver detail embossing powder over and heated - the effect is brilliant with deep dimension and shine!!!  I'll be trying this again for definite.  The foliage is cut from white pearlescent card scraps using a Joy die and my Cuttlebug, the flowers I made by hand (again from scraps) using my Kendell (Tonic) punch.

My mam loves it and says she's had a lovely day with her family, that's what really counts isn't it?

Take care and hope you call by again soon.

Su x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Su and it sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Sue
    and as I had a lovely surprise on my blog today I thought of you and I think you really deserve an award too. You'll find it here
    I have left you a little gift on my blog - you'll find it here http://ctrublu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive comments - I only wish I could have designed the overlay too - must keep practising - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Su , i too was gonna have a go with that overlay , its gorgeous and love the way it turned out for you....
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete