Saturday, 17 March 2012

Something to show you at last!

Hi there, at last I can post some pics  that (I think) are a lot nicer than the tales of my decorating - lol!   Which, just to keep you up to speed.... yawn.... boring... is now finished for the moment, apart from hanging the pictures and placing the ornaments where I want them.  Okay promise that's the last about the decorating - honest!!!!

One of my best friends' daughters is getting married later this year and asked if I'd make the wedding stationery, obviously my answer was a very  happy 'Yes'!  These are a selection from samples I made...


Centura Pearl used as the base cards, a couple of Spellbinder dies, Inkylicious and Personal Impressions stamps and Cuttlebug embossing folders for decoration, oh yes you may have just spotted narrow gold metallic ribbon too!  The square invitation is actually an envelope with the wedding details inside, I made a ribbon strip from gold frosted card that fastens at the back with a simple cross over/slit mechanism and can either be unfastened or simply slipped off to access the information.  Needless to say there's some dry embossing on each of the back flaps to make it look prettier!


Again Centura Pearl card used for the bases, mirri board, stamps again from Inkylicious and Personal Impressions, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for the top of the invitation and organza ribbon added for detail.  The 'Heart Topped' favour box  is my adaptation of a Silhouette cutting file; I also changed the side folds (but you can't see that bit can you?) as I thought it looked a bit 'plain' and 'chunky' with only a single fold (you know like a gift bag has!) and the other favour box is just a classic shaped gift bag (obviously scaled down in size) with a Martha Stewart punched heart, embellished to fit the occasion.


Finally, more on a gold/ivory theme using Centura Pearl, gold mirri and foiled card, Personal Impressions/Inkylicious stamps and Spellbinders dies, oops... nearly forgot about the Cuttlebug embossing folders (the small bride & groom is from the same set as the champagne flutes above!)  The square is another envelope style invitation and has the wedding info inside mounted onto a mat of gold shimmer paper cut on my Silhouette SD with a file I made based on the Spellbinder die used for the topper as, unfortunately, the biggest die in the set was too small for my purpose.

I haven't shown you what the bride actually chose as I didn't think it was fair to her until nearer the wedding - just in case they were spotted on here by some of the guests!  I will let you see them later tho - promise!

Okay am off to make something for tea now, before my family keel over from hunger - lol!

Hope to see you again, 'til then take care and be happy

Su x

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Su, how glorious these are, and I can't wait to see what the bride eventually chose..it must be something special as these are stunningly beautiful. I couldn't choose a favourite, I don' think.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheen - I know the lovely work you produce, so really appreciate the compliment.

      Su X

      Delete
  2. Ohh you are sneaky Soop!! Very elengant, love then all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me sneaky - nah!!! lol. Thanks for the lovely comment Loopy it's appreciated, now I just need to get the 'proper' stationery finished off.....

    Su x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Su these are lovely, can't wait to see which one the bride has picked

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andrea - I promise to show the 'proper' ones nearer the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Su these are beautiful , bet your glad your decorating is done and you can get crafty again ....
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete