Sunday, 29 April 2012

Hi there, hope your weather isn't too bad - what a change from the lovely sunshine days we had back in March - it feels more like November here now!  Oh well there's not a lot we can do apart from put up with it and hope for big improvements soon.

My favourite aunty celebrated her 90th birthday last week and, as she's always loved flowers, I made her card using MCS' Elite Quintessential Country Garden - it's the first card I've made from this new disc and I have to say I'm looking forward to using it again very soon, the artwork is gorgeous!

I thought a pretty, delicate and very feminine card would suit the occasion and wanted it to be fairly traditional but with a modern twist so decided on an acetate 'bubble' front rather than decoupage etc.  I printed the floral design out onto acetate (having worked out the size to give the bowed front - no pre-designed acetates on this disc), then once the ink had dried, scored the folds and got to work on the reverse side with my paintbrush, clear drying glue and 'Angel Dust' Art Institute superfine glitter (my all-time fav glitter!) on the pretty flowers, stems and grasses - it took some time but the effect is lovely in 'real' life!  Centura Pearl (another fav!) is used for the base card and has been printed with a 'collaged' background I built up from elements on the QCG disc.  For the sentiment mats, which are raised on foam pads,  I traced a 'cartouche' from the disc in my 'Studio' software (did a little manipulation) and then 'wrote' the wording on the top layer in a Sakura Gellyroll Glitter Pen with my nifty Silhouette SD, which also did the cutting.... voila!!!  The card was finished off inside with a personal verse and message on a matching insert and, needless to say, it was presented inside a pretty co-ordinating box.

Aunty said she'd had a lovely birthday and her card was 'smashing'!!

See you soon

Su xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Su, it's a fab CD. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your aunt.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Su , so soft in colour , its been awhile since i have use accetate in my card making , isnt it funny how we move on and forget ?. Have a nice day ...Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete