Saturday, 14 April 2012

More leopards!

Are you like me and have boxes full of bits and pieces left over from your projects?  Well I've set myself a challenge to use the 'leftovers' up straight away instead of leaving them to become dog-eared and tattered then ending up in the bin!  So here's what I made with the 'remnants' from my previous card.
This is, believe it or not, my first ever stepper card!  I had to work out the measurements as it's a sheet of dark green/gold pearlescent card (A4) folded lengthways, so it's rather large!  Apart from my 'remnants' all I've added is gold mirri card/fine border peeloffs and some tiny 'amber' coloured gems.  I put a very fine line of adhesive along the inside of the top (tent) crease and pressed the fold together as I've found this can help to stop tent (top crease) cards from spreading and falling when they're displayed.

The next is a square twisted easel, you'll notice this one's a good bit smaller....


This is a 5" square plain base card, with double-sided pearlescent card for the topper mats, the large is 5" and the smaller 3.25" using a Martha Stewart 'round the page' punch set, then the smaller mat is backed with gold holographic card (as used in the 8x8").  The images/papers etc are leftovers from my original card project.  I mounted the ribbon strip onto the same holographic card as before to become the easel stopper the added the eye 'medallion' which has been edged with a gold leaf pen after first covering it with a thick layer of Glossy Accents and leaving it to dry so has the impression of an epoxy sticker. Oh, and I inked around the edge of the leopard topper and the base with distress ink in Vintage Photo.

I must say thanks to my friend Lexie (blog button is on the side bar!) on whose idea I based my lacey topped easel, she does some amazing work... pop over to her blog and have a look!

Thanks for looking.. 'til next time, take care and enjoy life!

Su x

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards, Su. Shall have to check out that Lexie...she sounds like a fabulous person! Hee hee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete