Tuesday, 8 May 2012

So, how was your Bank Holiday?  Ours was wet and cold and both my OH and I have come down with a virus that seems to be doing the rounds 'up north' so we're feeling a bit sorry for ourselves - everybody say"Aaaah" - lol!

Anyhow I thought I'd show you the card I made for my SIL's birthday in August but is currently wending it's way to South Africa in her luggage.  I usually send a very flat card as the postage is a silly amount, so as she and my brother have been over here for a visit I took the opportunity to make something a bit more special.  (You've already seen the 'leopard' card I made for my brother!)


I thought I'd try blue monochrome for this one and discovered some HOTP papers in my stash - same design with reversed colourways - perfect!  The aperture and centre 'cartouche' were cut from a Penny Duncan file using my Silhouette, and edged with Waterfall Stickles smudged on with my finger as I wanted it to be 'random' rather than uniform!  The centre is the darker paper cut into strips (3 used) and scored every half centimetre (Hougie Board), then 'concertina' folded, joined together into a circle and glued (hot glue gun for speed!) to a small base circle to form the lovely pleated centre, which was then mounted behind the aperture and then everything adhered to the 8"x8" white Centura Pearl card (made from 2 A4 sheets) leaving a tiny white border showing.  The flowers and leaves are cut with Spellinders, inked around the edges particularly on the back, then curled and layered up and finished with an AB gem in the centre to match the 'Stickles' glitter glue.  Bow tied by hand with ribbon, button added to the centre with co-ordinating finer ribbon all from my stash and finished off with a couple of 'pearl' hatpins that I coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.  A matching insert with a rather nice verse I found in the book (verses, quotations etc) I've collated finished the inside of the card:-

Just can't help feeling lucky
That someone nice as you
Has a place within our family
And fits in so nicely too!

I hope she likes it and must mention that inspiration for this card was taken from 'Cards by Chloe' and Christine @ 'Cardmaking Magic'.

Bye for now

Su xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Su, it was miserable here as well but much improved today.
    Your card is fab, love the blue and the flowers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Droxie, I'm not a 'blue' person but liked the 'soft' colour of these papers! Thankfully have seen a little sun today, fingers crossed there's more on the way

    Su x

    ReplyDelete