Sunday, 27 May 2012

Well, what about this gorgeous sunshine... much prefer it to the grey, miserable days we've just had despite the fact that the heat and I don't get on but at least I can be in my cool, shady little craft room looking out at it!  Hope you're enjoying good weather too!

Things have been a bit manic of late one way and another so sorry for not posting but here goes with a couple of my newest cards...
A Christening card for one of my son's friend's daughter (taking place today) 8x8" Kanban scalloped base card, silver foil and pale pink aperture mats designed and cut on my Silhouette SD inspiration for the corners came from a couple of punches I've had for years.  The beautiful lacy cross is a free file from UK Scrappers that I gave a fancy edge as I thought it added to the delicate effect; its mat has the same edging to complement.  Roses are from Wild Orchid with touches of Pearlescent Orchid Brilliance Ink added to the largest which was plain ivory when it started out.  The ribbon is from Amethyst Wool and Crafts (Metrocentre, Gateshead ) a tiny pink gem was placed to each corner.  I'm really liking the pleated paper technique and wondered what would happen if using pearlescent paper  I pleated then 'distressed' it, in other words crumpled it up, and the result was great, it looks like fabric in 'real life' but not too sure if that comes across in the picture - anyhow I'd say give it a try and see for yourself, just make sure that you crease the 'pleats' well so you can refold after crushing lol!

And there's more....

There's a story behind this one which was a very (very!) late submission for the friendly challenge over at MCS forum.  The theme was 'water' and I'd made my card - leaving it to dry - ready to take a pic and post last night... took my mum out for a couple of hours in the sunshine (leaving my OH doing her garden) and... came back to find that our grandson had visited and taken a liking to the card (for his little sister) and OH had given him it.... eeeek!!!!  So a very swift replacement (slightly different to the original) was made this morning, the problem was I didn't have time to do the 'Rub a dub dub' the way I would have liked or would have missed the challenge deadline.  Moral of the story - photograph your cards immediately - even if the glue isn't quite dry!!!

Anyhow a stepper card using stamps by Ollyfant coloured using Spectrum Noir Pens (still practising with these!), 'fluffy stuff' and glitter for the bath bubbles, vellum from a Dawn Bibby kit and holographic foil card from my stash.  Wording hand done (not very well) by me!  Hopefully you get the idea that was inspired by the thoughts of our new bathroom which is, fingers crossed, beginning installation tomorrow!

That's it for now, will leave you to the sunshine and the rest of the weekend - hope it's a good one whatever you do!

Su xxx

7 comments:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh at your misfortune but sorry I did, glad you managed to get a card sorted for the challenge though. It's a very cute image and I love what you have done with it. The Christening card is absolutely beautiful too.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More gorgeous cards Su , i love the pink one with the cross that i think is so elegant ....Glad you managed to pick up the mag with the free stamps lol..... Hugs Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do awesome work. I just love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving such nice comments - I really do appreciate them.

    I laughed re the 'mishap' too - after I'd managed to beat the challenge deadline - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Su and thanks for leaving that lovely comment on my blog re wedding card , re the verse no i dont mind you using it , i got it free from the web . www.verses4cards.co.uk/wedding-poems-verses-quotes heres the link to the site if you want to take a look ... Hugs Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are simply stunning Su, I'm so glad I've found your blog at last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave the lovely comments - I really do appreciate them.

    Su xx

    ReplyDelete