Thursday, 27 September 2012

I'm back.... again!

I thought you might like to see the wedding card I made for Kelly and Chris...


This one's made with card from a 'job lot' I picked up some time ago and has the most gorgeous golden sheen to it (sorry but I don't know what it's called) and the metallic card is gold satin finish from my stash.  The card opens as an 8x8" but has just less than an inch flat 'spine' with an EK Success punched edge (actually measures approx 9x8" -  I'm sure you know what I mean!).  The lacy corners are a gorgeous Marianne Die; the aperture, frames and sentiment mat cut with Scalloped Labels One, flourishes are from Venetian Motifs and the roses are Spiral Blossoms Four and Blossom Five all from Spellbinders.  It's the first time I've used any of these dies and just know they'll be used lots from now on!

Here's a close up of the flower detail...


you can see I pricked around the edge of the raised front for extra detail and a narrow ivory satin ribbon was then threaded round the perimeter in between this and the base card as an extra little luxury (gave a lovely finish to the card front and also hid all the sticky pads - just a shame you can't see it!).


A favourite stamp was embossed in gold detail powder and 'illuminated' with Sakura Glitter Pens (love these pens!) onto the 'lost leaf' of the insert which I'd edged all round with the same punch as the card spine.


Then a slightly adapted version of a verse I'd found (on JS's newsletter I believe - many thanks to the author for the original (sorry can't lay my hands on her name at the mo') was added to the 'main' page.
 
A  matching gift wallet and presentation box completed the set....
 

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit... but hope you like what you see!
 
'Til next time, be happy!
 
Su xxx

8 comments:

  1. Sue this is absolutely gorgeous as are the invites below xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue the card is stunning, absolutely beautiful. I'm sure the bride & groom thought so too, definitely a card to hang onto for years to come.
    Elaine (laney56)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...that's well worthy of not chucking in the bin! Lol. It's beautiful...you clever crazy crafter, you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card, this will be a must for any memory box. Beautiful
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Su, this is just wow, oh and I like it a lot too. They must have been delighted with it

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Su, well done you

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card Su, love the very pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the positive (and lovely!)comments. I appreciate each and every one!

    Su xx

    ReplyDelete