Friday, 2 November 2012

First 'proper' challenge entry!

Hi everyone, I'm happy to be cosy and warm in my little craft room, despite the fact that at the moment it is in a real mess but I'm intending to start my re-organisation of it tomorrow (famous last words - lol!)

Anyhow, I said that I'd do my best to enter the Kraftyhands 'Charm' Challenge, so here's what I've made


I found the lovely little pram charm in my stash so, of course it had to be a baby card!  Crafter's Companion Morehead CD was a great place to begin as the images are so cute and colours really soft and gentle.  This adorable little chap caught my eye so I printed the image out a few times and did some 'freehand' (I chose my own bits to layer up) decoupage.  Both background papers are from the disc too and, as you can see, I matted and layered them onto a scallop edged A5 white card, interleaving each layer with silver mirri card (all these layers were my own design and cut on my Silhouette SD) and then I finished off with a hand tied double organza bow to which I attached the charm and topped off with a lovely sparkly gem.

Hope you like him!

Now all I need to do is find out how to enter him into the Kraftyhands  'Charm' Challenge and I've kept my word!

Think I've done it - woo hoo!

ETA: Oh no, I haven't.... and the challenge has now closed.... note to self - must get more organised!!!  However, on the upside I've got a new baby card ready for when needed - lol!

PS:  Kraftyhands is a great site to visit and their online shop is well worth a look - go on, pop over..... you know you want to!

Take care and keep warm!

Su xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh no...that's a shame Su,as it's a gorgeous card. Really nice and clean and cute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its still beautiful hun, even if you missed the deadline, xxx

    ReplyDelete