Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Tiny Bit Magical?

Hi everyone, hoping all is well with you and yours.

I've had a little 'me' time indulging myself with some gorgeous images and have created something a little... well.... see for yourselves....


This gorgeous image is from a very talented artist, Heather Valentin, and is available from her online shop http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/ which is the official and only place to buy Heather's work!

'Wishes Granted' to me is a very pretty Genie and where do you find Genies... in a bottle of course!  Unfortunately the acetate that forms the actual body of the bottle doesn't show up to well on my pic - probably because it's see thro' - lol!

The image was printed onto Super Smooth Paper and coloured with Promarkers (only my second attempt at using these for a whole image) and I'm pleased with the result although obviously there is room for improvement (as always!).

Colours used are:- Skin - Ivory, Satin & Dusky Pink; Hair - Almond, Vanilla, Tan & Spice; Eyes - Amethyst & Orchid; Lips - Rose Pink & Cerise; Clothing - Maroon, Amethyst & Blossom, 'Hat, Shoes & 'Sleeves' - Pastel Green, Soft Green & Blender; Veil - Blossom & Blender, Belt & Jewellery - Vanilla, Sandstone, Mustard & Gold.



I masked off her head, arms and tummy and then sprayed Crafters Companion Pink Iridescent Spray & Sparkle (supporting Breast Cancer Care) over the rest of the coloured image, let this dry and then added tiny golden gems to her bracelets.

An 'Arty Farty' template I've had for years was used for the bottle with a simple ribbon bow and flower added  as I wanted to focus on the Genie emerging from the swirling magical 'mist'.... yes, you've guessed it cotton wool that's been very well 'teased out' and then sprayed very lightly with Multicolour Spray & Sparkle for a bit of magic 'dust'.

I'm entering this into the very first Lacy Sunshine Blog Challenge http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/challenge-one-anything-goes.html, pop over and have a look there are some wonderful entries well worth a peek!

Now what should I wish for.......

'Til next time

Hugs
Su x


8 comments:

  1. Ab fab card Su!!! Love the way you've coloured heather's gorogeous digi...she looks stunning! And what a brilliant idea to bring in your Arty Farty (couldn't resist adding that bit!) bottle into it. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lexie, still got a long way to go with my colouring but am emjoying trying out different mediums etc!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - I love this image! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine! Hope you'll join us next time!
    Mandy x (Lacy Sunshine Creative Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mandy; I'll certainly do my best to join in each month and look forward to seeing what the next one is!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Su this is lovely, I love the idea of the Genie in A Bottle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Su just joined your Blog and will pop back to see more of the pretty cards. I love this character on this bottle card she is so sweet and you have coloured her in beautifully
    Hugs Christina from Flowers,Ribbons and Pearls xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jeanette I just 'thought outside the box' and hit the bottle - so to speak! lol x

    Hi Christina, good to see you found me I've still got a way to go with my colouring but am enjoying the practise! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Su, such a wonderful idea and a beautifully coloured image

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete