Saturday, 2 March 2013

Emily L'il Duckies

I just loved this Heather Valentin image 'Emily Li' Duckies' and thought it'd be quite spring-like in one of my favourite colour combinations, lemon and lilac, which just happens (such a coincidence!) to be the subject for the second Lacy Sunshine challenge.  So, as I've got about 45 mins until the challenge closes I'd best get cracking!!!



Lemon base card is just smaller than A5 and I've added an embossed centre panel of lemon silk card, embossed using Embossalicious 6"x6" Floral folder and then added borders lilac cut from Spellbinders 'Asian Accents' die set.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the velvet ribbon (all I had in a toning colour!) is from my stash.

Emily is coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens (sorry but I've lost my list of colours somewhere in among the card and paper strewn all over my craft room).   I'm really just beginning to 'get the hang' of working with these, but so far so good.  Oh yes, the oval around Emily is cut using Cheery Lynn's Mini Pearl Oval Mega Doily die - these dies are actually only a half shape so they take a little figuring out to get them lining up to complete the shape.

So that's Emily and her L'il Duckies just ready in time for Easter.

I'm entering this into the second challenge over at http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and there are some awesome entries over there - why not pop in for a look?

Hugs
Su x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Su. Great colour choices and lovely colouring of Heather's digi. Love the embossing and die cuts too.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lilac and lemon Su, don't think I've really used this combo, must give it a try.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete