Tuesday, 2 April 2013

I'm back..... again!

Hi everyone, sorry I've not posted anything for a few weeks - been ill and then catching up with the household chores!  Anyhow thought you might like to see a couple of cards I've made this past Easter weekend (hope you had lots of scrummy chocolate eggs), the first was s'posed to be for the Lacy Sunshine Challenge #4 but I didn't get her finished in time (Anastasia with Poppies) one of Heather Valentin's 'Melancholy Moppets' series and the second is for my nephew's birthday on Wednesday.  So here's Anastasia....


The challenge was for 'layers', so I began with Anastasia colouring her with Spectrum Noirs (I'll list the colours later) on Supersmooth cardstock, then die cut her using Spellbinders  'Opulent Ovals', layered this onto the same pearlescent card as for the base stepper card using Decorative Labels Eight; the red accents were cut with Decorative Labels One, chopped into quarters and added to the back just to give a little 'oomph'  and highlight the poppies.  The cameos are also Spellbinder dies - from very early on in Spellbinders' story - you may not have seen these before but it's a little set I do quite often use!  As you can see the base card has been overstamped with Indigo Blue's Watercolour Poppy stamp using Tattered Rose Distress Pad and I used the same inkpad to stencil the cameos and also a very soft edge around Anastasia.   I added a couple of lace roses and some tiny sparkly flower gems to finish - thought the lace was appropriate as she looks like an 'old-fashioned' girl to me and I reckon she has a lace petticoat hidden under her faded dress!

Spectrum Noirs used:-

Skin = FS1, 2 & 4;  Eyes - GG1, 3 & 4;  Hair = EB1 & 2 + TN1; Hat/Underskirt = BG1, 2, 4 & 6
Dress = PP1 & 3, Blender then when dried EB1 over all colours to add 'worn' effect;
Poppies = CR7, DR4 & 6, DG2 for stalk;  Feather = Blender & LG1 (also used to 'ground' image)

What do you think, have I gone a bit OTT with the layers?

And here's my nephew's card....


A diecut Kanban topper, decoupaged using Collall Glue Gel, 5.5" base card is pearlescent card from my stash and I printed a complementary plaid design (Crafters Companion) on the reverse side after altering the colour to be as near to the checkered background of the die cut.  I cut small squares of the 'offcut' from this and embossed with my 'Basket Weave Background' folder from Darice, and genty inked with Brilliance Galaxy Gold inkpad to link with the gold foiling on the topper.  I then cut diagonally into triangles and attached to the opposite corners on both the front and inside of the card (reversed card to match each section) and finished off with a corner rounder and the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment and tiny mobile phone from the topper sheet to form the stopper.  Now all I have to do is post it tomorrow (that should read 'later this morning'!)

Okay I'll be off to my bed shortly - so I'll wish you a good night for now.

Su x

I'm pleased to say that my efforts with Anastasia (challenge wise) haven't been totally in vain as I've found out that I can enter her into Lacy Sunshine Challenge #5 which is 'Anything Goes' so woo hoo, I'm going to do it!   (Not that they were - my friend loved her card - so much so that she kept it on show on the table while we were out for a birthday lunch!)

I've promised myself a full day in my craft room over the weekend so I'll get busy and make another card too - it's only fair that I keep to my word as I promised myself that I'd make an entry for each challenge (barring emergencies that is).  Now off to enter Anastasia into the challenge at http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-5-anything-goes.html  why don't you pop along and join in too?!

Su x

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Su, especially the top one, obviously! You've done a fab colouring job with Anastasia, and I love the layout and colours you've used. Fab card all round!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your cards are fabulous, love how you have coloured Heathers fantastic image. Thanks for entering the Lacy Sunshine Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both lovely Su. Love the soft colours you have used for Anastasia. The image and style of card are great for a male card bet your nephew loved it.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete