Friday, 27 September 2013

Horology.... or the passing of time!

Hi everyone, I've another card for you!  This one was made with the challenge subject of 'Horology' and....  I actually knew what the word meant without the need to refer to a dictionary... gold star for my chart I think - lol!  Next problem.... how to depict time passing as couldn't really have a ticking clock on a card could I?  Anyhow I came up with the card below showing the changing seasons....


Base card is A4 folded to A5 using a gorgeous (gold sheen) pearlescent card from my stash, I only know that it's not Centura Pearl, although that would have worked too.  The tags are an old Spellbinder die that I've had for years and each one has been matted onto gold embossed paper and then Kraft card, these two layers were cut by hand after drawing around the die I used and adjusting size to give the borders.  The little tree stamp is by Clarity and each little scene was completed using Whispers pens and kitchen roll as I couldn't lay my hands on my cut & dry foam - found it today tho'.... typical!  I masked off the little 'sun' with a piece of Card Candi as I didn't have a punch the right size - thankfully Quickie glue pen is repositionable if left to dry before being stuck to anything!  The pocket watch is again a Spellbinder die I've had for years, the tiny hands are separate so you can set them to whatever time is appropriate for your project (so long as you don't drop them on the floor and spend ages looking for them.... oh yes, it happened!).  Strips of Kraft card and the gold paper were cut and matted to add detail to the front and the sentiment is made up of individual alphabet rub ons from my stash and I added Flowersoft in appropriate colours for a bit of texture.

So there it is... Horology.... or at least my depiction of it!

I'd love to know what you think of my efforts, so please leave a comment if you wish.

'Til next time, keep safe and happy

Hugs  Su x

Ooops, forgot to say that I'm entering this into a couple of challenges:-

http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-1-always-anything-goes.html
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-29-anything-goes.html

2 comments:

  1. Ooh...fab thinking and beautifully carried out! Love the idea, love the elements, love the card. :D

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete