Tuesday, 24 September 2013

On a roll!

Definitely some kind of record for me.... third post in two days!!

Well, I said I'd be back with another part of my entry for the Beading Friends Forever September Challenge, yesterday I showed you my Dragonfly Brooch for the 'Anything Goes' part so today it's my entry (ies) for the 'Tutorial' section of the challenge that I'd like you to see.  It's a beaded cocktail ring that can be made in two versions, the first is quite flat to the finger when worn....

and I chose to make a bit of a 'statement' by using 4mm white faux pearls and black #11 seed beads both from my stash- just for a bit of 'drama' - lol!

I followed the specified tutorial (Beaded Cocktail Ring - Aleshia / Beadifulnights) and must say that the results are well worth the effort and it's  also very comfortable to wear.  This is my first attempt at a ring of any description and I feel I may be making more as they'd fit very nicely inside Christmas Crackers as a little gift to friends and family (not the men.... obviously - rofl!)


This is the second version of the tutorial, with a much higher 'domed' profile when worn, again all the beads are from my stash #11 silverlined crystal seed beads and #8 rich red seed beads instead of the pearls, you can see the detail of the ring band on this one, which is very pretty too.

As yesterday's post these are being entered into the BFF September challenge:-

Hope you like them as much as me!

Thanks for popping by

Su x

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful Su and very unusual.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete