Saturday, 31 May 2014

Inner Step Card

This style of card is very popular at the moment and, as I made a 'pact' with myself to use my Silhouette Cameo more and actually try my hand at designing files from scratch, I thought I'd give it a go.... I'm really pleased with the results!


The finished card is about 5.75x6.25ins and, as you can see I made a matching box envelope to present it in. Both were made using my favourite Centura Pearl Card (white/hint of gold) and crinkly red foil paper from my stash.  The flower is die cut using Spellbinders 'Rose Creations'; 'Leaf 2' Die'sire from Crafters Companion and the flourishes from a Marianne die set I've had for years, oh yes... the die for the little butterflies came with my 'Happycut' Diecut/Embossing Machine.  Embossalicious 'Rose Vine' 8x8in folder (love this design from Crafter's Companion) added interest to the top mats, which were then layered onto the red foil paper for definition and to show off the shape of the actual card.

So, what do you think of my efforts - not too bad for a 'novice' eh?  I'm looking forward to trying my hand at other styles and designs.... maybe a doily next.... or p'raps that's being a little ambitious - lol!

Hope you stay safe and well, with a little sunshine to brighten the days... until next time...
Su x

No comments:

Post a Comment