Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Who'd like to live in a house like this.....

Hi everyone, a belated Merry Christmas to you all and hopefully it was a peaceful, enjoyable time for all!  My Christmas Day was quite busy but thoroughly enjoyed having all my family and best friend around me and Santa brought some nice surprises too!

Anyhow, a little while ago I was lucky enough to 'win' the English Cottage Christmas Kit from a lovely design team Rye and Willowbee (http://ryeandwillowbee.com/) as I'd been keeping an eye on their site whilst this fab collection was in progress and hadn't realised I was first to leave a comment as things progressed, lucky me got the full kit as my prize!

I had hoped to have my 'Snowflake Cottage' (the name I've chosen) finished in time to use as a Christmas decoration but family matters and winter bugs had other ideas, so better late than never here it is...


All the parts of the cottage are beautifully designed and fit together like a dream, and believe me  the amount of detail is exceptional - I've added the garden fence and gate to the original cottage, these files are by another wonderful designer http://monicascreativeroom.se/ but I felt they fitted beautifully with the gorgeous building!

The actual cottage is very sturdy and I've built mine using cardstock from Papercutz (http://www.papercutz.co.uk/) who carry a wide range of paper/cardstock; their service and delivery time is excellent.  285gsm (white) was used for the main walls with the outer embossed panels in 180gsm, the roof is 270gsm Colour Set Craft Card which was a 'bargain' mixed pack - all of these were 12x12" sheets.  The darker red roof panels are printed papers from my stash sprayed with Crafters Companion Pearl Diamond Spray & Sparkle to add a wet/frosty effect and I also used CC's 'Softly Falling' Embossalicious folder for the relief on the outer walls.  I coated the front and back door with glaze to make them shiny and the door knobs on each are tiny brass brads.   A crackled vellum is used for the window panes and the window frames coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens.  The decorative bows were cut from some 'old gold' pearlescent paper from my stash with a tiny golden 'bead in a bottle' added for effect - these bows, the wreaths, parcels and ribbons are really where you notice the eye for detail as they are all made from individual components and built up for the 'wow' effect - definitely worth the time to add these.... hmmmnnnn... should've taken a pic without them so you could see the difference they do make to the finished cottage!  I added Stickles 'Star Dust' glitter for added 'frostiness'.

Please pop over and say Hi to Kimberley and Tony at Rye and Willowbee at their site (link above) so you can see some different looks for their lovely cottage.

Oh yes, this is what it'd look like with a New Year's party in full swing... lol!


I forgot to mention you can put battery tea lights inside to light up the windows.... now where did I leave my glass.... off to the party!

However you welcome 2015 I wish you a peaceful and healthy year surrounded by family and good friends.  Happy New Year!

Su xx

No comments:

Post a Comment